Asset tracking is the simplest way to make life easier for those managing skip & RoRo operations. It doesn’t take much time or effort to get set up and once you’ve done so, the everyday challenges of managing hundreds or thousands of containers will become a weight off your shoulders.
Challenges created by untracked containers
- Difficulty locating skips – having to put a vehicle on the road to find them costing time & money.
- Time consuming inventory checks – error-prone due to manual data entry.
- Low skip availability – containers never available to win new business / serve existing customers.
- Slow movers – difficult to identify or know how long they have been in their locations.
- Drivers not confirming stages of the delivery – data in system gets out of sync.
- Capital expenditure – having to purchase new containers and not knowing why.
- Theft – difficult to identify & recover.
Skip Tracking with PIN
Full container visibility
– Correct identification of containers
– High-accuracy, automated data on container locations, movements and jobs.
Real-time inventory reporting
– Put an end to manual searches, save time, money & reduce co2 emissions.
– See what containers are available at depots and what inventory is out at every customer / 3rd party location.
– Manage damaged containers and schedule maintenance.
– Respond more quickly and accurately to new business enquiries.
Agility through asset intelligence
– Quick identification of slow moving / underused containers.
– Request collections, apply rental charges or right-size containers to increase collection frequency.
– Increase container availability so that you can gain competitive advantage and avoid new container purchases.
Theft protection & recovery
– Receive alerts when theft has been detected.
– See details of container journeys to help you identify suspicious locations and timelines.
– Quickly find misplaced containers with container location and movement data.