PIN IoT is a fast-growing, award-winning technology start-up. Established in 2018, PIN has developed a unique solution that leverages cutting-edge technology to address a long-standing problem in the Waste industry.
The waste container is central to the industry’s ability to operate. Without it, waste doesn’t get collected, processed or recycled. Yet fleets of these essential assets are under poor control.
Waste operators lack visibility of how many containers they have, where exactly they are, how long they have been on site with customers, how many are required to service demand or how efficiently the transport operation is delivering the plan . The unfortunate result is large-scale cost inefficiency that also impacts revenue and the ability to serve customers.
The PIN solution tracks waste containers and vehicles in real time, enabling a sustained improvement in industry performance.
To fuel the next phase of growth the Company is seeking to strengthen its management team.
The Sales Manager will play a critically important role in the business, engaging with new and existing customers to identify, nurture and close new business opportunities. This is no ordinary job. Our mission is to enable the waste operator to increase sales, reduce costs and improve overall performance. The success of our customers in achieving these results is everything. The good news is that these results are already evident. As is the fact that what we are doing is genuinely new which means that we don’t have the level of competition that you may be used to.
The problem we are solving is big, assessed at £200 million every year for UK Roro’s and skips alone. More challenging is that the waste industry doesn’t fully understand how big the problem is. So we need to build awareness, listen, learn, and educate, often deliver small scale projects before we close the bigger opportunities. How we and you engage to make this a reality is important. It will require you to become an expert, take it step by step and bring the best of yourself each and every day.
In return you will take advantage of an unusual opportunity for personal and career development within a business set for transformational growth, become an expert in new technology that will change global industry for the better, and participate in the financial success that we enable for our customers.
Reporting to the CEO, the role will be home based with frequent travel to customer locations throughout the UK, staying overnight where required.
- New Business – generate new sales for the PIN IoT solution via identified targets within the UK waste industry, ranging from SME’s through to national operators with multiple
- Account Development – identify, nurture and close opportunities within the existing customer base to sell additional services.
- Prospecting – leverage personal and company networks, industry bodies and events, relationships with existing and new partners to generate new prospects.
- Marketing – contribute to the development of marketing campaigns via traditional and social media and partner channels to generate new business enquiries.
- CRM – Maintain the existing CRM process, updating on activity, deal flow and progression.
- Product Expertise – become an expert in the PIN solution and how it adds value to the waste industry. Engage with prospects to learn about their business and quantify the value
- Product Demonstration – become an expert in demonstrating the PIN solution to prospective customers.
- Proposal development – Work with the PIN team to develop and deliver high quality proposals for new business.
- Product Development – input into the product development roadmap for the Company via structured customer and market feedback to define new opportunties and features.
We are seeking to engage with candidates with the following experience:
- Existing networks, reputation and experience of selling to UK based waste operators
- Track record of successfully achieving sales targets
- Proven track record in developing and managing existing customers
- Comfortable selling via face to face, web meeting and phone
- Experience selling software is preferable but not essential
Equally important are the following personal characteristics:
- Intellect, curiosity, integrity and humility
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and drive to be successful
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Ability to engage with technology and become an expert in the use of our software application
On offer is a competitive remuneration package, dependent on experience, to include an uncapped commission structure and share ownership incentive.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter via our website or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PIN IoT is an Equal Opportunities employer.